HELLO AND WELCOME TO THIS WEEK’S ONLINE WEEKLY NEWSLETTER!
UPCOMING SUNDAY ONLINE WORKSHOP
“In order to benefit from spiritual practice we must feel safe enough in our body to engage with the practices. In order to be successful in the practices we attempt we must have self compassion as an active element of our technique. Often we find it difficult to feel the kind of love we feel for others for ourselves. We will explore methods that open the gateway to successful and actual self compassion dawning in our experience.”
Hope you can join us! Register here.
ON THE BLOGS
Ecology of the Heart Part 10 is on the blog! Check it out! Share it with a friend or on social media! Stay tuned for Part 11!
Speaking of blogs, check out the one at socialmeditation.org for regular servings of bite-size little nuggets of embodied wisdom!
REMINDER! Our Saturday Morning Maitri Bhavana/Healing and Compassion Practices session to the public! Please feel free to bring a friend! Email Janet for the link!
1st Saturday of the month: Maitri and Compassion Practice
2nd Saturday of the month: Just Like Me Practice
3rd Saturday of the month: Tonglen Practice
4th/5th Saturday of the month: Other/Maitri Bhavana*
*Maitri Bhavana will always be the last Saturday of the month unless there is a special request for it at another time. If there are five Saturdays, we’ll do a different compassion/healing practice on the 4th Saturday.
FOR ONLINE SANGHA MEMBERS
Coming up this week on the Members’ Calendar:
- Morning Sitting 7:30 am Eastern Monday-Friday (and most weekends, check with Janet!)
- Weekly Social Meditation Gathering, Wednesday August 4, 7:30-9:00 pm Eastern. (Open to all! Email Janet for the link!)
- Maitri and Compassion Practice, Saturday, August 7, 2021, 9:00-9:30 am Eastern. Open to all! Email Janet for the link!
- Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Group, Sunday, August 8, 2021, 10-11 am Eastern. We’ll continue exploring the 37 Practices of a Bodhisattva (available on blog mid week!).
- Please visit our Online Sangha Members’ Area here (sign in required) to see the calendar with links for the Weekly Online Social Meditation Gatherings, Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Circle, Daily Sangha Sitting Schedule, and upcoming Sadhana of Mahamudra practices, as well as the Videoblog Archive and Weekly Practices and Contemplations from our Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Circle.
NOT A MEMBER YET?
Discover presence, discover yourself, discover community, and take meditation practice beyond an app to a much deeper level with a monthly membership! Learn more in this video.
We’d love for you to join us! Monthly online sangha membership is such a beautiful way to support your own and others’ practice, with lots of opportunities to sit together, learn together, and laugh together.
Your membership also helps support my teaching activities, which allows me to create even more resources for you.
The wonderful thing about the practice of meditation is that you can use it to do just about anything, because we do everything with our heart and mind. Our entire experience of how we perceive the world is governed by how we work with our own heart and mind.
Meditation really does turn being alive into an art form. It doesn’t mean all of our problems go away, or our suffering, but the way we work with them changes, and it is a delight for me to help people realize and fulfil their potential.
Here is a video with more information about meditation coaching and how it can help you learn which mindfulness and awareness techniques can best help you navigate your life, unlock obstacles, and grow in your potential in all areas of your life! How might this optimize your wellbeing?!
You can also book a session here.
From our online sangha’s exploration of 37 Practices of a Bodhisattva Verse 2: Renunciation on Sunday August 1. What arises for you as you reflect on this?
And last but not least, a MINDFUL MOMENT to take with you into your day…
What words, images and/or sensations arise for you as you read this?
Have a wonderful week!