HELLO AND WELCOME TO THIS WEEK’S ONLINE WEEKLY NEWSLETTER!
UPCOMING SUNDAY ONLINE WORKSHOP“Practicing self compassion can take many forms. Often techniques begin with phrases and contemplations that lead to direct and deep meaningful feelings. In our approach we will utilize the sensation of our body and our imagination to invoke compassion and sympathy for ourselves without resorting to words, ideas and ideologies. This method is the most powerful and direct way to generate self compassion, and genuine sympathy for the many parts of our subjective experience of life.”
Hope you can join us! Register here.
ON THE BLOGS
Ecology of the Heart Part 11 is on the blog! Check it out! Share it with a friend or on social media! Stay tuned for Part 12!
Speaking of blogs, check out the one at socialmeditation.org for regular servings of bite-size little nuggets of embodied wisdom!
REMINDER! Our Saturday Morning Maitri Bhavana/Healing and Compassion Practices session to the public! Please feel free to bring a friend! Email Janet for the link!
1st Saturday of the month: Maitri and Compassion Practice
2nd Saturday of the month: Just Like Me Practice
3rd Saturday of the month: Tonglen Practice
4th/5th Saturday of the month: Other/Maitri Bhavana*
*Maitri Bhavana will always be the last Saturday of the month unless there is a special request for it at another time. If there are five Saturdays, we’ll do a different compassion/healing practice on the 4th Saturday.
FOR ONLINE SANGHA MEMBERS
Coming up this week on the Members’ Calendar:
- Morning Sitting 7:30 am Eastern Monday-Friday (and most weekends, check with Janet!)
- Weekly Social Meditation Gathering, Wednesday August 11, 7:30-9:00 pm Eastern. (Open to all! Email Janet for the link!)
- Just Like Me Healing and Compassion Practice, Saturday, August 14, 2021, 9:00-9:30 am Eastern. Open to all! Email Janet for the link!
- Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Group, Sunday, August 15, 2021, 10-11 am Eastern. We’ll continue exploring the 37 Practices of a Bodhisattva with Verse 3 Relying on Solitude.
- Please visit our Online Sangha Members’ Area here (sign in required) to see the calendar with links for the Weekly Online Social Meditation Gatherings, Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Circle, Daily Sangha Sitting Schedule, and upcoming Sadhana of Mahamudra practices, as well as the Videoblog Archive and Weekly Practices and Contemplations from our Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Circle.
NOT A MEMBER YET?
Discover presence, discover yourself, discover community, and take meditation practice beyond an app to a much deeper level with a monthly membership! Learn more in this video.
We’d love for you to join us! Monthly online sangha membership is such a beautiful way to support your own and others’ practice, with lots of opportunities to sit together, learn together, and laugh together.
Sangha member, Janet, shares what our sangha morning sitting practice means to her…Your membership also helps support my teaching activities, which allows me to create even more resources for you.
The wonderful thing about the practice of meditation is that you can use it to do just about anything, because we do everything with our heart and mind. Our entire experience of how we perceive the world is governed by how we work with our own heart and mind.
Meditation really does turn being alive into an art form. It doesn’t mean all of our problems go away, or our suffering, but the way we work with them changes, and it is a delight for me to help people realize and fulfil their potential.
Here is a video with more information about meditation coaching and how it can help you learn which mindfulness and awareness techniques can best help you navigate your life, unlock obstacles, and grow in your potential in all areas of your life! How might this optimize your wellbeing?!
You can also book a session here.
How might you connect with your own warmth today? What do you notice as you do this? Where in your body do you notice it? What is it like to go into the next moment having done this?
And last but not least, a MINDFUL MOMENT to take with you into your day…
What do you notice as you do this little exercise? If you’re able to do it for a whole day, what do you notice at the end of the day?
Wishing you a wonderful week!
Leave a reply