HELLO AND WELCOME TO THIS WEEK’S ONLINE NEWSLETTER!
Let’s pause and take a mindful moment together!
What do you notice as you read that? How might pausing in this way regularly, letting go of all the to-go, to-do, to-be lists, benefit you and those around you? What would it be like to schedule these pauses into your day?
HEALING AND COMPASSION PRACTICE
We’d love to have you join us for Maitri Bhavana practice this Saturday, August 28, 2021 from 9:00-9:30. The schedule for our weekly Saturday morning Healing and Compassion Practice is as follows and all practices are open to the public. Email Janet for the link if you’d like to join us!
1st Saturday of the month: Maitri and Compassion Practice
2nd Saturday of the month: Just Like Me Practice
3rd Saturday of the month: Self Compassion Practice
4th/5th Saturday of the month: Tonglen/Maitri Bhavana*
*Maitri Bhavana will always be the last Saturday of the month unless there is a special request for it at another time. If there are five Saturdays, we’ll do a different compassion/healing practice on the fourth Saturday.
FOR ONLINE SANGHA MEMBERS
Coming up this week on the Members’ Calendar:
- Morning Sitting 7:30 am Eastern Monday-Friday (and most weekends, check with Janet!)
- Weekly Social Meditation Gathering, Wednesday August 25, 7:30-9:00 pm Eastern. (Open to all! Email Janet for the link!)
- Maitri Bhavana Healing and Compassion Practice, Saturday, August 28, 2021, 9:00-9:30 am Eastern. Open to all! Email Janet for the link!
- Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Group, Sunday, August 29, 2021, 10-11 am Eastern. We’ll continue exploring the 37 Practices of a Bodhisattva with Verse 5, available on the blog midweek!
- Please visit our Online Sangha Members’ Area here (sign in required) to see the calendar with links for the Weekly Online Social Meditation Gatherings, Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Circle, Daily Sangha Sitting Schedule, and upcoming Sadhana of Mahamudra practices, as well as the Videoblog Archive and Weekly Practices and Contemplations from our Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Circle.
NOT A MEMBER YET?
Discover presence, discover yourself, discover community, and take meditation practice beyond an app to a much deeper level with a monthly membership! Learn more in this video.
We’d love for you to join us! Monthly online sangha membership is such a beautiful way to support your own and others’ practice, with lots of opportunities to sit together, learn together, and laugh together.
Meditation really does turn being alive into an art form. It doesn’t mean all of our problems go away, or our suffering, but the way we work with them changes, and it is a delight for me to help people realize and fulfil their potential.
Here is a video with more information about meditation coaching and how it can help you learn which mindfulness and awareness techniques can best help you navigate your life, unlock obstacles, and grow in your potential in all areas of your life! How might this optimize your wellbeing?!
I’d love to explore your meditation practice with you! Book a session here.
From our Sunday Morning Curriculum Study of The 37 Practices of a Bodhisattva Verse 4 Abandoning Attachment to Our Life
What arises as you contemplate these words? This coming week you might reflect on it a few more times, noticing what arises each time, and also noticing if anything shifts for you with repeated reflection. Why might it be important to do this, to appreciate the preciousness of this moment and of our life?
Before you go, remember…
What do you notice as you read that? Are you able to let the words in? You are, you know, you really are! We all are. Really. If it feels challenging to believe that, be super gentle with the part of you that finds it challenging. If you can, perhaps bring a gentle, friendly curiosity to that part of you and why it feels that way.
If you’d like to explore this don’t hesitate to reach out here. I’d be happy to chat with you!
Wishing you a wonderful week!