HELLO AND WELCOME TO THIS WEEK’S ONLINE NEWSLETTER!
UPCOMING SUNDAY WORKSHOP
In this workshop, we will explore the different ways we can practice open-minded empathy, a technique in which we suspend drawing conclusions but journey through our imagination of what others might experience. By seeing our own projections and being touched by our own curiosity, we connect to a larger vision of others’ possible experiences.
Hope you can join us! Register here.
What did you notice? What would it be like to do this a few times throughout your day? Perhaps you can add a reminder on your phone or calendar!
HEALING AND COMPASSION PRACTICE
We’d love to have you join us for Maitri and Compassion practice this Saturday, September 4, 2021 from 9:00-9:30. The schedule for our weekly Saturday morning Healing and Compassion Practice is as follows and all practices are open to the public. Email Janet for the link if you’d like to join us!
1st Saturday of the month: Maitri and Compassion Practice
2nd Saturday of the month: Just Like Me Practice
3rd Saturday of the month: Self Compassion Practice
4th/5th Saturday of the month: Tonglen/Maitri Bhavana*
*Maitri Bhavana will always be the last Saturday of the month unless there is a special request for it at another time. If there are five Saturdays, we’ll do a different compassion/healing practice on the fourth Saturday.
FOR ONLINE SANGHA MEMBERS
Coming up this week on the Members’ Calendar:
- Morning Sitting 7:30 am Eastern Monday-Friday (and most weekends, check with Janet!)
- Weekly Social Meditation Gathering, Wednesday September 1, 7:30-9:00 pm Eastern. (Open to all! Email Janet for the link!)
- Maitri and Compassion Healing and Compassion Practice, Saturday, September 4, 2021, 9:00-9:30 am Eastern. Open to all! Email Janet for the link!
- Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Group, Sunday, September 5, 2021, 10-11 am Eastern. We’ll continue exploring the 37 Practices of a Bodhisattva with Verse 5, available on the blog midweek!
- Please visit our Online Sangha Members’ Area here (sign in required) to see the calendar with links for the Weekly Online Social Meditation Gatherings, Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Circle, Daily Sangha Sitting Schedule, and upcoming Sadhana of Mahamudra practices, as well as the Videoblog Archive and Weekly Practices and Contemplations from our Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Circle.
NOT A MEMBER YET?
Discover presence, discover yourself, discover community, and take meditation practice beyond an app to a much deeper level with a monthly membership! Learn more in this video.
We’d love for you to join us! Monthly online sangha membership is such a beautiful way to support your own and others’ practice, with lots of opportunities to sit together, learn together, and laugh together.
Meditation really does turn being alive into an art form. It doesn’t mean all of our problems go away, or our suffering, but the way we work with them changes, and it is a delight for me to help people realize and fulfil their potential.
Here is a video with more information about meditation coaching and how it can help you learn which mindfulness and awareness techniques can best help you navigate your life, unlock obstacles, and grow in your potential in all areas of your life! How might this optimize your wellbeing?!
I’d love to explore your meditation practice with you! Book a session here.
Finally, this week, I leave you with a wonderful little drawing from the author of The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse, Charlie Mackesy.
What arises for you as you look at the words and the image?