HELLO AND WELCOME TO THIS WEEK’S ONLINE NEWSLETTER!
UPCOMING SUNDAY ONLINE WORKSHOP
In this workshop, we will explore the different ways we can practice open-minded empathy, a technique in which we suspend drawing conclusions but journey through our imagination of what others might experience. By seeing our own projections and being touched by our own curiosity, we connect to a larger vision of others’ possible experiences.
Hope you can join us! Register here.
HEALING AND COMPASSION PRACTICE
We’d love to have you join us for Just Like Me Practice this Saturday, September 11, 2021 from 9:00-9:30. The schedule for our weekly Saturday morning Healing and Compassion Practice is as follows and all practices are open to the public. Email Janet for the link if you’d like to join us!
1st Saturday of the month: Maitri and Compassion Practice
2nd Saturday of the month: Just Like Me Practice
3rd Saturday of the month: Self Compassion Practice
4th/5th Saturday of the month: Tonglen/Maitri Bhavana*
*Maitri Bhavana will always be the last Saturday of the month unless there is a special request for it at another time. If there are five Saturdays, we’ll do a different compassion/healing practice on the fourth Saturday.
This past Saturday was Maitri and Compassion Practice and I can’t say this often enough, I am just so proud of and grateful for these beautiful beings who carve out time every Saturday morning to practice opening their hearts and dissolving the barriers between self and other.
Here is a recording of a Maitri and Compassion Practice earlier this summer if you missed Saturday and would like to practice along.
FOR ONLINE SANGHA MEMBERS
Coming up this week on the Members’ Calendar:
- Morning Sitting 7:30 am Eastern Monday-Friday (and most weekends, check with Janet!)
- Weekly Social Meditation Gathering, Wednesday September 8, 7:30-9:00 pm Eastern. (Open to all! Email Janet for the link!)
- Just Like Me Healing and Compassion Practice, Saturday, September 11, 2021, 9:00-9:30 am Eastern. Open to all! Email Janet for the link!
- Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Group, Sunday, September 12, 2021, 10-11 am Eastern. We’ll continue exploring the 37 Practices of a Bodhisattva with Verse 6, available on the blog midweek!
- Please visit our Online Sangha Members’ Area here (sign in required) to see the calendar with links for the Weekly Online Social Meditation Gatherings, Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Circle, Daily Sangha Sitting Schedule, and upcoming Sadhana of Mahamudra practices, as well as the Videoblog Archive and Weekly Practices and Contemplations from our Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Circle.
NOT A MEMBER YET?
We’d love for you to join us! Monthly online sangha membership is such a beautiful way to support your own and others’ practice, with lots of opportunities to sit together, learn together, and laugh together. Learn more in this video.
Here, sangha member Janet shares what our morning online sitting practice sessions mean to her…
Would you benefit from starting your day with some meditation practice, or from sitting with others? Join us!
Here is a video with more information about meditation coaching and how it can help you learn which mindfulness and awareness techniques can best help you navigate your life, unlock obstacles, and grow in your potential in all areas of your life! How might this optimize your wellbeing?!
I’d love to explore your meditation practice with you and support you in your growth! Book a session here.
From our online sangha’s Sunday morning exploration of 37 Practices of a Bodhisattva Verse 5 Giving Up Negative Friendships
What arises as you reflect on these words? How far have you come on that journey?
And, before you go, let’s take a Mindful Moment together…
Take a moment and rather than thinking about the answer, feel the answer rising up from deep in your body. This might take the form of sensations, movement, temperature, followed by an insight or deep knowing, an inner “Ah!”. How might you honor this deep knowing today?
See you next week!
Leave a reply