HELLO AND WELCOME TO THIS WEEK’S ONLINE NEWSLETTER!
UPCOMING SUNDAY ONLINE WORKSHOP
Once we begin to practice empathy and open-minded curiosity about others’ experiences, we have the groundwork for developing the ability to ask the right questions. How can we begin to explore what it is we do and do not know and even reveal things we don’t know we don’t know, and how can we hold all of that with gentleness and not get stuck in self judgment? We apply the practice of empathy and sympathy for ourselves and others, by asking questions to both our own various parts as well as those of the people in our lives. In doing this we can open new avenues of understanding and care.
Hope you can join us! Register here.
HEALING AND COMPASSION PRACTICE
We’d love to have you join us for Self Compassion Practice this Saturday, September 18, 2021 from 9:00-9:30. The schedule for our weekly Saturday morning Healing and Compassion Practice is as follows and all practices are open to the public. Email Janet for the link if you’d like to join us!
1st Saturday of the month: Maitri and Compassion Practice
2nd Saturday of the month: Just Like Me Practice
3rd Saturday of the month: Self Compassion Practice
4th/5th Saturday of the month: Tonglen/Maitri Bhavana*
*Maitri Bhavana will always be the last Saturday of the month unless there is a special request for it at another time. If there are five Saturdays, we’ll do a different compassion/healing practice on the fourth Saturday.
This past Saturday was Just Like Me Practice and, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, these wonderful beings blow me away with their willingness to carve out time every Saturday morning to practice dissolving the barriers between self and other. I could not be more proud of or more grateful to each of them, and to my assistant Janet for holding the space and leading the practices each week.
Here is a recording of a Just Like Me Practice earlier this summer if you missed Saturday and would like to practice along.
FOR ONLINE SANGHA MEMBERS
Coming up this week on the Members’ Calendar:
- Morning Sitting 7:30 am Eastern Monday-Friday (and most weekends, check with Janet!)
- Weekly Social Meditation Gathering, Wednesday September 15, 7:30-9:00 pm Eastern. (Open to all! Email Janet for the link!)
- Self Compassion Healing and Compassion Practice, Saturday, September 18, 2021, 9:00-9:30 am Eastern. Open to all! Email Janet for the link!
- Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Group, Sunday, September 19, 2021, 10-11 am Eastern. We’ll continue exploring the 37 Practices of a Bodhisattva with Verse 6, available on the blog midweek!
- Please visit our Online Sangha Members’ Area here (sign in required) to see the calendar with links for the Weekly Online Social Meditation Gatherings, Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Circle, Daily Sangha Sitting Schedule, and upcoming Sadhana of Mahamudra practices, as well as the Videoblog Archive and Weekly Practices and Contemplations from our Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Circle.
NOT A MEMBER YET?
We’d love for you to join us! Monthly online sangha membership is such a beautiful way to support your own and others’ practice, with lots of opportunities to sit together, learn together, and laugh together. Learn more in this video.
Would you benefit from starting your day with some meditation practice, or from sitting with others? Join us!
Here is a video with more information about meditation coaching and how it can help you learn which mindfulness and awareness techniques can best help you navigate your life, unlock obstacles, and grow in your potential in all areas of your life! How might this optimize your wellbeing?!
I’d love to explore your meditation practice with you and support you in your growth! Book a session here.
What would it be like to put yourself in someone else’s shoes, like at the world through their eyes, and imagine their perspective either in general or more specifically. We can’t know for sure, of course, but what do you notice as you just imagine?
Let’s close with a Mindful Moment!
Until next time, wishing you a wonderful week!