HELLO AND WELCOME TO THIS WEEK’S ONLINE NEWSLETTER!
Those of us in the northern hemisphere will be celebrating the fall equinox this week. Do you have any special rituals that are meaningful to you to help you mark this time of year? Please share in the comments section!
The change of seasons remind us of the cyclical nature of our lives and the world we live in, of nature itself, our nature. These reminders, these changes, might also bring up a lot of feelings for us. We can remind ourselves that endings and beginnings are normal, and whatever we’re feeling in response is also normal!
You might set aside some time to contemplate these questions this coming week, perhaps journaling or recording what arises for you, or even sharing with a friend!
ON THE BLOGS
And, as always, for those of you who are social meditators, the Social Meditation blog is updated regularly too with little nuggets of nowness!
HEALING AND COMPASSION PRACTICE
We’d love to have you join us for Maitri Bhavana this Saturday, September 25, 2021 from 9:00-9:30 am Eastern. The schedule for our weekly Saturday morning Healing and Compassion Practice is as follows and all practices are open to the public. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the link if you’d like to join us! You are also invited to email email@example.com with the names of anyone you’d like read out during practice so we can include them in our formal practice. There is also time to speak the name yourself during the practice if you’d prefer.
1st Saturday of the month: Maitri and Compassion Practice
2nd Saturday of the month: Just Like Me Practice
3rd Saturday of the month: Self Compassion Practice
4th/5th Saturday of the month: Tonglen/Maitri Bhavana*
*Maitri Bhavana will always be the last Saturday of the month unless there is a special request for it at another time. If there are five Saturdays, we’ll do a different compassion/healing practice on the fourth Saturday.
FOR ONLINE SANGHA MEMBERS
Coming up this week on the Members’ Calendar:
- Morning Sitting 7:30 am Eastern Monday-Friday (and most weekends, check with Janet!)
- Weekly Social Meditation Gathering, Wednesday September 22, 7:30-9:00 pm Eastern. (Open to all! Email Janet for the link!)
- Maitri Bhavana Healing and Compassion Practice, Saturday, September 25, 2021, 9:00-9:30 am Eastern. Open to all! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the link!
- Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Group, Sunday, September 26, 2021, 10-11 am Eastern. We’ll continue exploring the 37 Practices of a Bodhisattva with Verse 7, available on the blog midweek!
- Please visit our Online Sangha Members’ Area here (sign in required) to see the calendar with links for the Weekly Online Social Meditation Gatherings, Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Circle, Daily Sangha Sitting Schedule, and upcoming Sadhana of Mahamudra practices, as well as the Videoblog Archive and Weekly Practices and Contemplations from our Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Circle.
NOT A MEMBER YET?
We’d love for you to join us! Monthly online sangha membership is such a beautiful way to support your own and others’ practice, with lots of opportunities to sit together, learn together, and laugh together. Learn more in this video.
Would you benefit from starting your day with some meditation practice, or from sitting with others? Join us!
Here is a video with more information about meditation coaching and how it can help you learn which mindfulness and awareness techniques can best help you navigate your life, unlock obstacles, and grow in your potential in all areas of your life! How might this optimize your wellbeing?!
I’d love to explore your meditation practice with you and support you in your growth! Book a session here.
Before you go…
Our hobbies and such often get set aside to make room for work and other commitments but the truth is we need those things to nourish us, to allow us to continue to be creative and productive and present for those other aspects of our lives. Filling your cup is important too!
Have a wonderful week!