HELLO AND WELCOME TO THIS WEEK’S ONLINE NEWSLETTER!
UPCOMING SUNDAY ONLINE WORKSHOP
Being in our heads is a form of embodiment – it’s just very small and cramped. We will explore how to inhabit our whole body and belong in our environment. Feeling the space of our being includes our emotions thoughts and sensations. As we practice this profound inclusion we open our hearts and minds to a larger vision of reality.
Hope you can join us! Register here.
HEALING AND COMPASSION PRACTICE
We’d love to have you join us for Maitri and Compassion Practice this Saturday, October 2, 2021 from 9:00-9:30 am Eastern. The schedule for our weekly Saturday morning Healing and Compassion Practice is as follows and all practices are open to the public. Email Janet for the link if you’d like to join us!
1st Saturday of the month: Maitri and Compassion Practice
2nd Saturday of the month: Just Like Me Practice
3rd Saturday of the month: Self Compassion Practice
4th/5th Saturday of the month: Tonglen/Maitri Bhavana*
*Maitri Bhavana will always be the last Saturday of the month unless there is a special request for it at another time. If there are five Saturdays, we’ll do a different compassion/healing practice on the fourth Saturday.
FOR ONLINE SANGHA MEMBERS
Coming up this week on the Members’ Calendar:
- Morning Sitting 7:30 am Eastern Monday-Friday (and most weekends, check with Janet!)
- Weekly Social Meditation Gathering, Wednesday September 29, 7:30-9:00 pm Eastern. (Open to all! Email Janet for the link!)
- Maitri and Compassion Healing and Compassion Practice, Saturday, September October 2, 2021, 9:00-9:30 am Eastern. Open to all! Email Janet for the link!
- Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Group, Sunday, October 3, 2021, 10-11 am Eastern. We’ll continue exploring the 37 Practices of a Bodhisattva with Verse 7, available on the blog midweek!
- Please visit our Online Sangha Members’ Area here (sign in required) to see the calendar with links for the Weekly Online Social Meditation Gatherings, Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Circle, Daily Sangha Sitting Schedule, and upcoming Sadhana of Mahamudra practices, as well as the Videoblog Archive and Weekly Practices and Contemplations from our Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Circle.
NOT A MEMBER YET?
We’d love for you to join us! Monthly online sangha membership is such a beautiful way to support your own and others’ practice, with lots of opportunities to sit together, learn together, and laugh together. Learn more in this video.
Online Sangha member Steven shares what our morning sitting practice means to him…
Would you benefit from starting your day with some meditation practice, or from sitting with others? Join us!
MEDITATION AND WELLNESS COACHING
Here is a video with more information about meditation coaching and how it can help you learn which mindfulness and awareness techniques can best help you navigate your life, unlock obstacles, and grow in your potential in all areas of your life! How might this optimize your wellbeing?!
I’d love to explore your meditation practice with you and support you in your growth! Book a session here.
From our Sunday morning exploration of the 37 Practices of a Bodhisattva Verse 6: Relying on a spiritual teacher.
What or who in your life has been a spiritual teacher for you and in what ways? This may not be someone or something you would normally consider a spiritual teacher. Please feel free to share what arose for you in the comments below!