HELLO AND WELCOME TO THIS WEEK’S ONLINE NEWSLETTER!
UPCOMING SUNDAY ONLINE WORKSHOP
Knowing how to feel our emotions without losing connection with our embodied presence is a practice that we can train in. In this Retreat we will explore how energies form as felt meaning felt sensations and localized energies in various parts of our body, or what we call the inner body of sensation. When we are able to inter-personally remain embodied and in touch with our own emotions, we can account for how we are behaving and affecting ourselves and others and ask for what we need without becoming lost in the other or ourselves.
HEALING AND COMPASSION PRACTICE
We’d love to have you join us for Just Like Me Practice this Saturday, October 9, 2021 from 9:00-9:30 am Eastern. The schedule for our weekly Saturday morning Healing and Compassion Practice sessions is as follows and all practices are open to the public. Email Janet for the link if you’d like to join us!
1st Saturday of the month: Maitri and Compassion Practice
2nd Saturday of the month: Just Like Me Practice
3rd Saturday of the month: Self Compassion Practice
4th/5th Saturday of the month: Tonglen/Maitri Bhavana*
*Maitri Bhavana will always be the last Saturday of the month unless there is a special request for it at another time. If there are five Saturdays, we’ll do a different compassion/healing practice on the fourth Saturday.
FOR ONLINE SANGHA MEMBERS
Coming up this week on the Members’ Calendar:
- Morning Sitting 7:30 am Eastern Monday-Friday (and most weekends, check with Janet!)
- Weekly Social Meditation Gathering, Wednesday October 6, 7:30-9:00 pm Eastern. (Open to all! Email Janet for the link!)
- Just Like Me Healing and Compassion Practice, Saturday, September October 9, 2021, 9:00-9:30 am Eastern. Open to all! Email Janet for the link!
- Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Group, Sunday, October 10, 2021, 10-11 am Eastern. We’ll continue exploring the 37 Practices of a Bodhisattva with Verse 8, available on the blog midweek!
- Please visit our Online Sangha Members’ Area here (sign in required) to see the calendar with links for the Weekly Online Social Meditation Gatherings, Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Circle, Daily Sangha Sitting Schedule, and upcoming Sadhana of Mahamudra practices, as well as the Videoblog Archive and Weekly Practices and Contemplations from our Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Circle.
NOT A MEMBER YET?
We’d love for you to join us! Monthly online sangha membership is such a beautiful way to support your own and others’ practice, with lots of opportunities to sit together, learn together, and laugh together. Learn more in this video.
Would you benefit from starting your day with some meditation practice, or from sitting with others? Join us!
MEDITATION AND WELLNESS COACHING
Here is a video with more information about meditation coaching and how it can help you learn which mindfulness and awareness techniques can best help you navigate your life, unlock obstacles, and grow in your potential in all areas of your life! How might this optimize your wellbeing?!
I’d love to explore your meditation practice with you and support you in your growth! Book a session here.
From our Sunday morning exploration of the 37 Practices of a Bodhisattva Verse 7: Seeking Refuge.
This coming week, you might pause periodically and just notice in that moment where are you placing your trust or taking refuge?
Embodiment is one of the themes our online sangha is looking at this month. We spend so much time in our heads that we might forget we even have a body. Let’s take a moment here and drop right in to the middle of it. What do you notice? Please share in the comments below!
Until next time, wishing you a wonderful week!