HELLO AND WELCOME TO THIS WEEK’S ONLINE NEWSLETTER!
UPCOMING SUNDAY RETREAT
In a culture where we often get lost in our heads and forget our bodies, this practice gathering will support our transformation and reclamation of our shining intellect, integrating the brilliant intelligence of our head center with our compassionate intention and practice.
Hope you can join us! Register here.
HEALING AND COMPASSION PRACTICE
We’d love to have you join us for Maitri and Compassion Practice this Saturday, November 6, 2021 from 9:00-9:30 am Eastern. The schedule for our weekly Saturday morning Healing and Compassion Practice sessions is as follows and all practices are open to the public. Email Janet for the link if you’d like to join us!
1st Saturday of the month: Maitri and Compassion Practice
2nd Saturday of the month: Just Like Me Practice
3rd Saturday of the month: Self Compassion Practice
4th/5th Saturday of the month: Tonglen/Maitri Bhavana*
*Maitri Bhavana will always be the last Saturday of the month unless there is a special request for it at another time. If there are five Saturdays, we’ll do a different compassion/healing practice on the fourth Saturday.
FOR ONLINE SANGHA MEMBERS
Coming up this week on the Members’ Calendar:
- Morning Sitting 7:30 am Eastern Monday-Friday.
- Weekly Social Meditation Gathering, Wednesday October 27, 7:30-9:00 pm Eastern. (Open to all! Email Janet for the link!)
- Maitri and Compassion Practice, Saturday, November 6, 2021, 9:00-9:30 am Eastern. Open to all! Email Janet for the link!
- Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Group, Sunday, November 7, 2021, 10-11 am Eastern. We’ll continue exploring the 37 Practices of a Bodhisattva with Verse 12 which will be available on the blog later this week!
- Please visit our Online Sangha Members’ Area here (sign in required) to see the calendar with links for the Weekly Online Social Meditation Gatherings, Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Circle, Daily Sangha Sitting Schedule, and upcoming Sadhana of Mahamudra practices, as well as the Videoblog Archive and Weekly Practices and Contemplations from our Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Circle.
NOT A MEMBER YET?
We’d love for you to join us! Monthly online sangha membership is such a beautiful way to support your own and others’ practice, with lots of opportunities to sit together, learn together, and laugh together. Learn more in this video.
Here are some of the benefits of being a member of our Online Sangha:
MEDITATION AND WELLNESS COACHING
Hereis a video with more information about meditation coaching and how it can help you learn which mindfulness and awareness techniques can best help you navigate your life, unlock obstacles, and grow in your potential in all areas of your life! How might this optimize your wellbeing?!
I’d love to explore your meditation practice with you and support you in your growth! Book a session here.
From our online sangha’s exploration on Sunday, October 31, 2021 of The 37 Practices of a Bodhisattva Verse 11 Exchanging Happiness for Suffering
What arises for you as you contemplate these words? What might be possible with this kind of love?
You might like to repeat this exercise at regular intervals throughout your day/week. Notice what, if anything, is different each time.
Wishing you a wonderful and wonder-filled week!