HELLO AND WELCOME TO THIS WEEK’S ONLINE NEWSLETTER!
UPCOMING SUNDAY RETREAT
“This gathering will mix silent practice time with movement, instruction and dialog. We will explore the ways in which our head and heart manifest in action as our compassionate range of power.”
We hope you can join us! Register here.
WEEKLY SATURDAY HEALING AND COMPASSION PRACTICE
We’d love to have you join us for Self Compassion Practice this Saturday, November 20, 2021 from 9:00-9:30 am Eastern.
The schedule for our weekly Saturday morning Healing and Compassion Practice sessions is as follows and all practices are open to the public. Email Janet for the link if you’d like to join us!
1st Saturday of the month: Maitri and Compassion Practice
2nd Saturday of the month: Just Like Me Practice
3rd Saturday of the month: Self Compassion Practice
4th/5th Saturday of the month: Tonglen/Maitri Bhavana*
*Maitri Bhavana will always be the last Saturday of the month unless there is a special request for it at another time. If there are five Saturdays, we’ll do a different compassion/healing practice on the fourth Saturday.
This past Saturday, our online sangha gathered for “Just Like Me” practice. Below you’ll find a recording of the practice, led by my assistant, Janet. If you’d like to practice along with the recording, you might begin with a few minutes of shamatha or other mindfulness and awareness practice feels right to you. Enjoy! Thank you for practicing with us!
FOR ONLINE SANGHA MEMBERS
Coming up this week on the Members’ Calendar:
- Morning Sitting 7:30 am Eastern Monday-Friday.
- Weekly Social Meditation Gathering, Wednesday November 17, 7:30-9:00 pm Eastern. (Open to all! Email Janet for the link!)
- Maitri and Compassion Practice, Saturday, November 20, 2021, 9:00-9:30 am Eastern. Open to all! Email Janet for the link!
- Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Group, Sunday, November 21, 2021, 10-11 am Eastern. We’ll continue exploring the 37 Practices of a Bodhisattva with Verse 14 which will be available on the blog later this week!
- Please visit our Online Sangha Members’ Area here (sign in required) to see the calendar with links for the Weekly Online Social Meditation Gatherings, Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Circle, Daily Sangha Sitting Schedule, and upcoming Sadhana of Mahamudra practices, as well as the Videoblog Archive and Weekly Practices and Contemplations from our Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Circle.
NOT A MEMBER YET?
We’d love for you to join us! Monthly online sangha membership is such a beautiful way to support your own and others’ practice, with lots of opportunities to sit together, learn together, and laugh together. Learn more in this video.
Here are some of the benefits of being a member of our Online Sangha:
MEDITATION AND WELLNESS COACHING
Here is a video with more information about meditation coaching and how it can help you learn which mindfulness and awareness techniques can best help you navigate your life, unlock obstacles, and grow in your potential in all areas of your life! How might this optimize your wellbeing?!
I’d love to explore your meditation practice with you and support you in your growth! Book a session here.
Have you ever wished you could be more compassionate or loving? Just the thought, the longing itself, is compassion, or love. Notice what it feels like in your body when you say the words “I wish I could help” or “I wish I could be more compassionate.” Keep saying it, keep feeling it! You’re doing it!
What do you notice as you pause in this way? What would it be like to sprinkle these pauses throughout your day, perhaps setting a reminder on your phone? You might even track any changes as you do it over the course of several days or longer!
Wishing you a wonder-full week!