HELLO AND WELCOME TO THIS WEEK’S ONLINE NEWSLETTER!
UPCOMING SUNDAY WORKSHOP
In this workshop we will explore how every experience or state of mind is an expression of our innate goodness. We will explore practices that help us to recognize this in the moment and develop further acceptance and appreciation for our unique talents and challenges.
We hope you can join us! Register here.
HOLIDAY SEASON PRACTICE SESSIONS
Watch this space for details about holiday season healing and compassion practice sessions, which, like our regular weekly Saturday healing and compassion practice sessions, will be open to the public.
WEEKLY SATURDAY HEALING AND COMPASSION PRACTICE
We’d love to have you join us for Just Like Me Practice this coming Saturday, December 11, 2021 from 9:00-9:30 am Eastern.
The schedule for our weekly Saturday morning Healing and Compassion Practice sessions is as follows and all practices are open to the public. Email Janet for the link if you’d like to join us, or if you have any questions at all!
1st Saturday of the month: Maitri and Compassion Practice
2nd Saturday of the month: Just Like Me Practice
3rd Saturday of the month: Self Compassion Practice
4th/5th Saturday of the month: Tonglen/Maitri Bhavana*
*Maitri Bhavana will always be the last Saturday of the month unless there is a special request for it at another time. If there are five Saturdays, we’ll do Tonglen practice on the fourth Saturday.
I really can’t say this often often enough, I’m so proud of and grateful for the wonderful beings who gather each Saturday to practicing dissolving the barrier between self and other with healing and compassion practice. How wonderful. Thank you all. Here they are this past Saturday for Maitri and Compassion practice.
FOR ONLINE SANGHA MEMBERS
Coming up this week on the Members’ Calendar:
- Morning Sitting 7:30 am Eastern Monday-Friday.
- Weekly Social Meditation Gathering, Wednesday December 8, 7:30-9:00 pm Eastern. Open to all! Email Janet for the link!
- Just Like Me Practice, Saturday, December 11, 2021, 9:00-9:30 am Eastern. Open to all! Email Janet for the link!
- Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Group, Sunday, December 12, 2021, 10-11 am Eastern. We’ll continue exploring the 37 Practices of a Bodhisattva with Verse 17 which will be available on the blog later this week!
- Please visit our Online Sangha Members’ Area here (sign in required) to see the calendar with links for the Weekly Online Social Meditation Gatherings, Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Circle, Daily Sangha Sitting Schedule, and upcoming Sadhana of Mahamudra practices, as well as the Videoblog Archive and Weekly Practices and Contemplations from our Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Circle.
NOT A MEMBER YET?
We’d love for you to join us! Monthly online sangha membership is such a beautiful way to support your own and others’ practice, with lots of opportunities to sit together, learn together, and laugh together. Learn more in this video.
Would you benefit from starting your day with some meditation practice, or from sitting with others? Or just being in community with others who are working with their hearts and minds and asking the big questions about the nature of reality? Join us!
MEDITATION AND WELLNESS COACHING
Here is a video with more information about meditation coaching and how it can help you learn which mindfulness and awareness techniques can best help you navigate your life, unlock obstacles, and grow in your potential in all areas of your life! How might this optimize your wellbeing?!
I’d love to explore your meditation practice with you and support you in your growth! Book a session here.
From this Sunday morning’s online sangha exploration of Practice 16 of The 37 Practices of a Bodhisattva Responding to Ingratitude
You might call to mind a time when you’ve been in difficult circumstances and you or someone around you was able to use their compassion to transform the situation. Recall as many details as you can. What did it feel like in your body to be able to do this or be with someone else who did? When you recall that feeling, spend some moments just savoring it. This helps us to begin to create new patterns and ways of responding!
Until next time, wishing you a wonder-full week!