HELLO AND WELCOME TO THIS WEEK’S ONLINE NEWSLETTER!
UPCOMING SUNDAY WORKSHOP
In this workshop, we will explore the transformative power of giving. When we look at the art of giving in the history of various cultures it is always that what is given to us we give back more, it is not a business deal but rather an opportunity to expand our world and heart for even more joy!
We hope you can join us! Registration and more info here.
HOLIDAY SEASON PRACTICE SESSIONS
Watch this space for details about holiday season healing and compassion practice sessions, which, like our regular weekly Saturday healing and compassion practice sessions, will be open to the public! Details to come shortly!
WEEKLY SATURDAY HEALING AND COMPASSION PRACTICE
We’d love to have you join us for Self Compassion Practice this coming Saturday, December 18, 2021 from 9:00-9:30 am Eastern.
The schedule for our weekly Saturday morning Healing and Compassion Practice sessions is as follows and all practices are open to the public. Email Janet for the link if you’d like to join us, or if you have any questions at all!
1st Saturday of the month: Maitri and Compassion Practice
2nd Saturday of the month: Just Like Me Practice
3rd Saturday of the month: Self Compassion Practice
4th/5th Saturday of the month: Tonglen/Maitri Bhavana*
*Maitri Bhavana will always be the last Saturday of the month unless there is a special request for it at another time. If there are five Saturdays, we’ll do Tonglen practice on the fourth Saturday.
FOR ONLINE SANGHA MEMBERS
Coming up this week on the Members’ Calendar:
- Morning Sitting 7:30 am Eastern Monday-Friday.
- Weekly Social Meditation Gathering, Wednesday December 15, 7:30-9:00 pm Eastern. Open to all! Email Janet for the link!
- Self Compassion Practice, Saturday, December 18, 2021, 9:00-9:30 am Eastern. Open to all! Email Janet for the link!
- Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Group, Sunday, December 19, 2021, 10-11 am Eastern. We’ll continue exploring the 37 Practices of a Bodhisattva with Verse 18 which will be available on the blog later this week!
- Please visit our Online Sangha Members’ Area here (sign in required) to see the calendar with links for the Weekly Online Social Meditation Gatherings, Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Circle, Daily Sangha Sitting Schedule, and upcoming Sadhana of Mahamudra practices, as well as the Videoblog Archive and Weekly Practices and Contemplations from our Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Circle.
NOT A MEMBER YET?
We’d love for you to join us! Monthly online sangha membership is such a beautiful way to support your own and others’ practice, with lots of opportunities to sit together, learn together, and laugh together. Learn more in this video.
Would you benefit from starting your day with some meditation practice, or from sitting with others? Or just being in community with others who are working with their hearts and minds and asking the big questions about the nature of reality? Join us!
MEDITATION AND WELLNESS COACHING
Here is a video with more information about meditation coaching and how it can help you learn which mindfulness and awareness techniques can best help you navigate your life, unlock obstacles, and grow in your potential in all areas of your life! How might this optimize your wellbeing?!
I’d love to explore your meditation practice with you and support you in your growth! Book a session here.
From this Sunday morning’s online sangha exploration of The 37 Practices of a Bodhisattva with Practice 17 Responding to Spite.
What arises for you as you reflect on these words? What would it be like to bring a really gentle curiosity to some of our habitual ways of responding to circumstances as perhaps driven by insecurity, pride, reactivity? What might a different response look and feel like? Be super gentle with yourself as you reflect on this! Those habitual responses have served a purpose in the past and at the same time that we get curious about them we can honor that and thank them.
Until next time, wishing you a wonder-full week!