HELLO AND WELCOME TO THIS WEEK’S ONLINE NEWSLETTER!
Just noticing, not judging what you notice, being very gentle and curious about what you notice! And how do you know, what tells you you’re allowing or resisting? How might you use that knowing going forward?
WEEKLY SATURDAY HEALING AND COMPASSION PRACTICE
As you know, every Saturday morning members of our online sangha gather to do healing and compassion practices together. This past Saturday was Just Like Me practice. Here’s a recording of the practice, led by my assistant, Janet, if you’d like to practice along. You might begin with 5-10 minutes of silent sitting first in order to settle before beginning the formal practice.
In Just Like Me practice we open our hearts first to the truth of how we want to to be safe and happy, to not suffer, to not be alone, and then to all other living beings who want the same things. When we do this, we feel a little bit less alone, a little more connected to others. What might be possible from the place of not-aloneness, of connection?
We’d love to have you join us for Self Compassion Practice this coming Saturday, January 15, 2022 from 9:00-9:30 am Eastern.
The schedule for our weekly Saturday morning Healing and Compassion Practice sessions is as follows and all practices are open to the public. Email Janet for the link if you’d like to join us, or if you have any questions at all!
1st Saturday of the month: Maitri and Compassion Practice
2nd Saturday of the month: Just Like Me Practice
3rd Saturday of the month: Self Compassion Practice
4th/5th Saturday of the month: Tonglen/Maitri Bhavana*
*Maitri Bhavana will always be the last Saturday of the month unless there is a special request for it at another time. If there are five Saturdays, we’ll do Tonglen practice on the fourth Saturday.
The response to our offering of Tonglen practice at different times on December 25 and January 1 was heartening and we’re considering adding a second practice at 1 pm eastern. Please let Janet know if you’d be interested!
FOR ONLINE SANGHA MEMBERS
Coming up this week on the Members’ Calendar:
- Morning Sitting 7:30 am Eastern Monday-Friday.
- Weekly Social Meditation Gathering, Wednesday January 12, 7:30-8:30 pm Eastern. Open to all! Email Janet for the link!
- Self Compassion Practice, Saturday, January 15, 2022, 9:00-9:30 am Eastern. Open to all! Email Janet for the link!
- Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Group, Sunday, January 16, 10-11 am Eastern. We’ll continue exploring the 37 Practices of a Bodhisattva with Verse 21 which will be available on the blog later this week!
- Please visit our Online Sangha Members’ Area here (sign in required) to see the calendar with links for the Weekly Online Social Meditation Gatherings, Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Circle, Daily Sangha Sitting Schedule, and upcoming Sadhana of Mahamudra practices, as well as the Videoblog Archive and Weekly Practices and Contemplations from our Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Circle.
NOT A MEMBER YET?
We’d love for you to join us! Monthly online sangha membership is such a beautiful way to support your own and others’ practice, with lots of opportunities to sit together, learn together, and laugh together. Learn more in this video.
Would you benefit from starting your day with some meditation practice, or from sitting with others? Or just being in community with others who are working with their hearts and minds and asking the big questions about the nature of reality? Join us!
MEDITATION AND WELLNESS COACHING
Here is a video with more information about meditation coaching and how it can help you learn which mindfulness and awareness techniques can best help you navigate your life, unlock obstacles, and grow in your potential in all areas of your life! How might this optimize your wellbeing?!
I’d love to explore your meditation practice with you and support you in your growth! Book a session here.
Until next time, have a wonder-full week!