HELLO! WELCOME TO THIS WEEK’S ONLINE NEWSLETTER!
UPCOMING SUNDAY WORKSHOP
We hope you can join us! Register here. Questions about the workshop? Contact us!
SATURDAY WEEKLY HEALING AND COMPASSION PRACTICE
The response to our offering of Tonglen practice at different times on December 25 and January 1 was heartening and we’re considering adding a second practice at 1 pm eastern on Saturdays.
Please let Janet know if you’d be interested!
We’d love to have you join us for Maitri Bhavana Healing and Compassion Practice this coming Saturday, January 29, 2022 from 9:00-9:30 am Eastern. Maitri Bhavana is a traditional practice that is typically done in a group for other members, family, friends, etc who are gravely ill and/or who may have recently transitioned, as well as for situations where there is extreme loss and devastation. If you would like to join us or submit the name of someone for whom you would like us to practice, please email Janet
The schedule for our weekly Saturday morning Healing and Compassion Practice sessions is as follows and all practices are open to the public. Email Janet for the link if you’d like to join us, or if you have any questions at all!
1st Saturday of the month: Maitri and Compassion Practice
2nd Saturday of the month: Just Like Me Practice
3rd Saturday of the month: Self Compassion Practice
4th/5th Saturday of the month: Tonglen/Maitri Bhavana*
*Maitri Bhavana will always be the last Saturday of the month unless there is a special request for it at another time. If there are five Saturdays, we’ll do Tonglen practice on the fourth Saturday.
FOR ONLINE SANGHA MEMBERS
Coming up this week on the Members’ Calendar:
- Morning Sitting 7:30 am Eastern Monday-Friday.
- Weekly Social Meditation Gathering, Wednesday January 26, 7:30-8:30 pm Eastern. Open to all! Email Janet for the link!
- Maitri Bhavana Healing and Compassion Practice, Saturday, January 29, 2022, 9:00-9:30 am Eastern. Open to all! Email Janet for the link!
- Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Group, Sunday, January 30, 10-11 am Eastern. We’ll continue exploring the 37 Practices of a Bodhisattva with Verse 23 which will be available on the blog later this week!
- Please visit our Online Sangha Members’ Area here (sign in required) to see the calendar with links for the Weekly Online Social Meditation Gatherings, Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Circle, Daily Sangha Sitting Schedule, and upcoming Sadhana of Mahamudra practices, as well as the Videoblog Archive and Weekly Practices and Contemplations from our Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Circle.
NOT A MEMBER YET?
We’d love for you to join us! Monthly online sangha membership is such a beautiful way to support your own and others’ practice, with lots of opportunities to sit together, learn together, and laugh together. Learn more in this video.
Sangha member Janet shares her experience of our morning group sitting practice, one of the many benefits of sangha membership:
Would you benefit from starting your day with some meditation practice, or from sitting with others? Or just being in community with others who are working with their hearts and minds and asking the big questions about the nature of reality? Join us!
MEDITATION AND WELLNESS COACHING
Here is a video with more information about meditation coaching and how it can help you learn which mindfulness and awareness techniques can best help you navigate your life, unlock obstacles, and grow in your potential in all areas of your life! How might this optimize your wellbeing?!
I’d love to explore your meditation practice with you and support you in your growth! Book a session here.
From our online sangha’s Sunday morning exploration of the 37 Practices of a Bodhisattva Practice 22 Transcending Dualistic Appearances
What arises for you as you contemplate these words?
May all beings feel a sense of belonging, that it is okay to be who you are, not having to prove anything to anyone or do anything to be worthwhile!
What do you notice with this short pause practice? What would it be like to sprinkle similar pauses throughout your day over the coming week?
Until next time, wishing you a wonder-full week!
Leave a reply