HELLO! WELCOME TO THIS WEEK’S ONLINE NEWSLETTER!
UPCOMING SUNDAY WORKSHOP
We hope you can join us! Register here. Questions about the workshop? Contact us!
SATURDAY WEEKLY HEALING AND COMPASSION PRACTICE
We’d love to have you join us for Just Like Me Healing and Compassion Practice this coming Saturday, February 12, 2022 from 9:00-9:30 am Eastern.
The schedule for our weekly Saturday morning Healing and Compassion Practice sessions is as follows and all practices are open to the public. Email Janet for the link if you’d like to join us, or if you have any questions at all!
1st Saturday of the month: Maitri and Compassion Practice
2nd Saturday of the month: Just Like Me Practice
3rd Saturday of the month: Self Compassion Practice
4th/5th Saturday of the month: Tonglen/Maitri Bhavana*
*Maitri Bhavana will always be the last Saturday of the month unless there is a special request for it at another time. If there are five Saturdays, we’ll do Tonglen practice on the fourth Saturday.
FOR ONLINE SANGHA MEMBERS
Coming up this week on the Members’ Calendar:
- Morning Sitting 7:30 am Eastern Monday-Friday.
- Weekly Social Meditation Gathering, Wednesday February 9, 7:30-8:30 pm Eastern. Open to all! Email Janet for the link!
- Just Like MeHealing and Compassion Practice, Saturday, February 12, 2022, 9:00-9:30 am Eastern. Open to all! Email Janet for the link!
- Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Group, Sunday, February 13, 2022, 10-11 am Eastern. We’ll continue exploring the 37 Practices of a Bodhisattva with Verse 25 which will be available on the blog later this week!
- Please visit our Online Sangha Members’ Area here (sign in required) to see the calendar with links for the Weekly Online Social Meditation Gatherings, Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Circle, Daily Sangha Sitting Schedule, and upcoming Sadhana of Mahamudra practices, as well as the Videoblog Archive and Weekly Practices and Contemplations from our Sunday Morning Curriculum Study Circle.
NOT A MEMBER YET?
We’d love for you to join us! Monthly online sangha membership is such a beautiful way to support your own and others’ practice, with lots of opportunities to sit together, learn together, and laugh together. Learn more in this video.
Would you benefit from starting your day with some meditation practice, or from sitting with others? Or just being in community with others who are working with their hearts and minds and asking the big questions about the nature of reality? Join us!
MEDITATION AND WELLNESS COACHING
Here is a video with more information about meditation coaching and how it can help you learn which mindfulness and awareness techniques can best help you navigate your life, unlock obstacles, and grow in your potential in all areas of your life! How might this optimize your wellbeing?!
I’d love to explore your meditation practice with you and support you in your growth! Book a session here.
How do you know when you’re present and embodied? What does it feel like? How is it different from other states? This week you might make a point of pausing randomly throughout your day and just noticing states of relaxation, presence and embodiment and how they support each other, or not.
What do you notice when you check in with yourself this way? Can you discern what you need? Food, water, movement, sleep, a hug? Can you name it to yourself and either get it or ask for it? Be gentle with yourself as you do this – we’re conditioned and oftentimes rewarded for ignoring our needs.
Until next time, wishing you a wonder-full week!
Leave a reply